Bass Boat Talk Forums

Shoals Sporting Goods

Boat ramp

This is a discussion on Boat ramp within the North Carolina forums, part of the State Fishing Reports and local Bass Clubs category; What is the best ramp to use at Belews ?...

Default Boat ramp

What is the best ramp to use at Belews ?

Quote Originally Posted by TRUESOUTH View Post
    What is the best ramp to use at Belews ?
    I like the Piney Bluff( Hwy 65) ramp better as far as ramp condition and parking area . Pine Hall ramp is basically on the other end of the lake near the steam plant and the dam. I use it when I want to fish that end of the lake. I guess I like the Piney Bluff ramp better also because it's about 7 miles closer for me ( I live in Winston Salem). I put in there Sunday and the water at the ramp was very muddy with lots of floaters. However, once you go under the 65 overpass ( about 200 yds from the ramp) the water clears up and warms up to about 61 degrees.

We're planning on using the Piney Bluff ramp for the New Year's Day get together. Hope both you guys can come to that. No $$, no rules, just getting together and fishing.

Stick has posted 10 - 3 as the times. Friday, New Years Day.

I know Braveheart is planning on being there, hope you will too, John!

I would love to come but I have to work that day, just getting some info for our club tourney in a few weeks. Thanks guys for the help. Any info on the fishing up there? I have not seen that lake in 10 years, so I am fishing blind.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUESOUTH View Post
    I would love to come but I have to work that day, just getting some info for our club tourney in a few weeks. Thanks guys for the help. Any info on the fishing up there? I have not seen that lake in 10 years, so I am fishing blind.
    I've fished it several times in the last couple months. Haven't caught but 1 keeper, and that was mid November. Lake is slam full and has been for about 6 weeks. Seems like I haven't had much luck since it got full. Just such a clear water lake. Main lake temps still in the 60's.

Richard, and all those that are going to be at the Piney Bluff ramp on hwy 65. I like that ramp due to the distance from where I'm coming from and the size of the parking lot. The hazard I have found out from personal experience is Ice on the ramp. When people launch their boats and pull out to park their trucks/trailors they drop a bit of water on the ramp and if the temps are at freezing it will freeze. If the Sun is shinning over the Pines at the top of the ramp and hits the ramp good then things are a lot better. The get together on New Years Day will not start till 10:00am so i don't think ice on the ramp will be a problem but do be aware.