Bass Boat Talk Forums

Carolina Fishing Tackle

my first tin

This is a discussion on my first tin within the Xpress & Tin Boats forums, part of the Bass Boat Manufacturer Forums category; new to this site. thought I would show my new toy. Crestliner VT19 with a 115 Optimax. upgraded the electronics, ...

Default my first tin

new to this site. thought I would show my new toy. Crestliner VT19 with a 115 Optimax. upgraded the electronics, 3 bank charger and 24v motorguide. my last two boats were 19 1/2' Stratos's with 200's, so this was a bit of a change. breaking it in but so far I'm more than happy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vt19-3.jpg   vt19-5.jpg   vt19-6.jpg   boat-sm-1.jpg   boat-sm-3.jpg  

That is a mighty fine lookin tin ya got there. What are your numbers so far? speed.....gas usage verses your previous boats....and the ride verses the glass. That would be interesting to see from your experience.

thanks skidmark,
    only have a little more than an hour on the engine (had to do some fishin). it came with a 13x19 alum. prop but I put a LaserII 20p on it. can't believe how fast it gets on plane with so little throttle. the lake only had a slight chop but the boat handled really well. I don't expect it to handle rough water like the Stratos, but I don't fish tourney's and usually fish smallish lakes. could'nt push it but I went wot with a little trim and was at 5600 rpm and 56mph on the speedo. I need to wait til later or next year for a gps. I'm thinking about adding a 6" jackplate but I no longer have that need for speed. the boat has a huge front deck and the first single console in a long time, so it seems like there is too much room. my Ford Edge has no problem pulling the boat which was one reason to go with a tin. so far it's been far better than I was expecting.

Nice set up DDD, I've always had my doubts on tin rigs but it sounds like I might've been mistaken. So if you had to choose between your old Strat and your new Crestliner which would it be and why? Just curious for future intrest, thanks and welcome to BBT by the way!
    "May the holes in your net never be bigger than the fish you put in it"

to be honest, if money were no object, I would stay with a glass boat. I'm retired now so the budget is'nt as big. my tow vehicle could probably handle a 17' glass but I did'nt want to give up the room. as for fishing, this boat is just as good as any glass boat I have ever fished from. I fish the Mississippi river often and there are some places that I will fish that I never dared go with my stratos. I don't regret my decision and this boat will take a lot less money out of my pocket.