Bass Boat Talk Forums

Carolina Fishing Tackle

Not young any more but I still love playing those video games!

This is a discussion on Not young any more but I still love playing those video games! within the The Watering Hole forums, part of the General Forums category; While I do still like Asteroids, Space Invaders, and of course the mother of them all; Defender I am referring ...

Cool Not young any more but I still love playing those video games!

While I do still like Asteroids, Space Invaders, and of course the mother of them all; Defender I am referring to video game fishing. I really want to try the go pro video out so I can record watching a fish come up and smoke my drop shot over suspended fish. What seemed impossible to catch 4 years ago is now kind of routine (still tough but very possible) and if you get over the right school you can load the boat with em quick. The herring and alewife are to blame for it so we adapt and keep learning. Deep fishing has always confounded me so this is extra fun to put it together and use the right gear to make it happen.

Got on some super deep fish today on Norman with a grub & drop shot. Caught fish from 2' to 50'+ pitching drop shots around deep docks and then finding & following schools out deep and just drifting over them and catching one after the other. Caught 5 on 5 drops off of a spot RB and I hit now and again over here in Davidson.

Here's a picture of the HDS12. The 2 lines above the bottom you see sweeping in from the left are my drop shot worm and drop shot weight as I was drifting over some bass that I had been catching one after the other out of. No giants but plenty of healthy deep spots and large mouth that were spitting up little bitty shad and this years fry. Downsizing made a world of difference. Was super windy and wavy which is why the bottom is not smooth as the was going up and down and up and down and up and down and.......

Caught a bunch of them today, quit counting after 15 or so.

Last edited by Chuck D; 08-05-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Default DS

How many over 8"?

Default Most

Did have a few in the 10" range but was on pretty decent schools and all of them were gorged with shad and herring so they were heavy for their size.

None over 2.5lbs by my estimate but several that were 14" and to put 5 in the boat in 5 drops was a great way to have a limit and then go hog hunting. That took about 15 minutes to get a legal limit of 14" fish. Bigger d shot baits, weights, and leaving the schools of little guys makes a difference in what I'm catching as I've pulled my share of 8" fish out of here on a 3" worm so I don't use that very often.

Biggest went about 2.5 yesterday and took 3 mins to get in the boat as it made several very hard runs back to the bottom. Sunline FC is the best line a man can buy.